Hello there! If you’ve come here looking for advice about how to successfully apply to an occupational therapy program, you’re in the right place!
All of the posts in my “Gotta Get Into Grad School” series can be found here, and they cover topics ranging from writing essays to getting recommendations to using OTCAS. All of these posts are based on my VERY RECENT experience applying to U.S. occupational therapy programs in the 2013-14 cycle, and I hope that the information and resources here will make your journey to becoming an OT a little easier!
Gotta Get Into Grad School Series
- Part I: All of the Best Personal Essays Start with a Good MEAL
- Part II: References and Recommendations
- Part III: Planning, Composing, and Finalizing Your OT Graduate School Essays
- Part IV: OTCAS – A General Overview
- Part V: OTCAS & Academics
- Part VI: Gotta Have a Great Interview
- How to Get Occupational Therapy Observation Hours: This post outlines 10 steps to help you have a successful OT shadowing experience and includes a list of OT practice settings.
- A Day in the Life of an OT Student: I wrote a guest post for the OT Cafe blog about what it is like to be an OT student; check it out to learn more about what you can expect in OT school!